Staging your Home to Sell
You don’t get a second chance to make a ﬁrst impression. When people ﬁrst see your house, you want them to think of it immediately as a home that has been maintained and well cared for, and for them to be able to visualize their family living there. With a little assistance, sellers can move their homes quickly.
Josh King is an interior designer who takes pride in his ability to transform spaces by bringing ideas and inspirations to life. With over a decade of experience in the industry, he has developed a keen eye for creating awe-inspiring surroundings. Josh’s detail oriented, client-focused approach makes him ﬂexible and super fun to work with. Carey Cutting is a premium remodeling contractor and interior designer whose mission is to create interiors with a fresh perspective that uniquely reﬂect the client’s personality and desires. Her personal design style consists of a balance of natural, vintage, and modern materials and décor. Carey is also adept at ﬁnding creative ways to help budget-conscious clients design their dream spaces. Together, these two individuals make up Wisteria Staging & Design.
They visit a seller’s home for a Walk and Talk Consultation. Using a “buyer’s eye,” principles of good design, and expert knowledge of what’s trending, the team develops a plan to prepare the home for market with a goal of selling quickly for top dollar. The strategy varies by neighborhood and market conditions, but staging a house to appeal to the maximum number of buyers can make a huge difference in how fast that home sells. The plan may include depersonalizing, decluttering, clarifying any spaces that may confuse buyers, thoroughly cleaning, painting, changing out lighting and/or plumbing ﬁxtures, partial to full renovations, replacing ﬂooring, adding or removing window treatments, etc. Keeping the customer’s timeline and budget in mind, a proposed to-do list is presented. Only items that offer a positive return on investment are suggested.
Wisteria works with an outstanding group of remodeling contractors and skilled tradesmen that deliver on time and on budget. Upon completion of any renovations or repairs, the designers determine which of the personal furnishings and belongings should be removed and what should be used for staging. Wisteria Design & Staging has a numerous assortment of furnishings they can use to highlight the home’s strengths and appeal to a broader demographic. Use of these furnishings is included in the staging fee for a predetermined period of time.
Why professional home staging is important:
• The sale price will be higher. According to the National Association of Realtors, the average staging investment is 1-3% of the asking price and will generate a return of 8-10%.
• The longer your home is on the market, the lower the selling price. STAGE FIRST to get the highest offers. Homes that sell in the ﬁrst 4 weeks average 1% more than the listing price, 4-12 weeks average 5% below list, 13-24 weeks average 6.4% below, and over 24 weeks lose 10%.
• Most sellers cannot view their home objectively. If you can’t see objectively, you can’t package effectively. A staging professional can get your home in its most advantageous condition for showing.
• Your online photos will stand out amongst the competition. Over 90% of homebuyers today start online. Give the potential buyer a reason to want to visit with eye popping, beautifully staged room photos.
• Only 10% of home buyers can visualize the potential of a home.
• Leaving your home in “as-is” condition will only help sell the competition and reduce your potential.
A Wisteria staged home sells fast! For any questions, or to schedule a consultation or a realtor’s presentation, please contact us at WisteriaStaging@gmail.com.
Staging your Home to Sell